Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5, recall for power button, but have a cracked screen.

I have an iPhone 5, that is qualified for the power button recall. However, there is a crack in the glass thar is in the upper right portion of the phone. It reaches side to side, and is only an inch in length.

My question is whether or not, Apple will replace my power button, without requiring me to replace the screen first for $130. I would really love the help. Thanks everyone.

Posted on Dec 29, 2016 8:12 AM

8 replies

Dec 29, 2016 10:06 AM in response to PotatoLord

It's going to cost about $130. It is NOT worth attempting yourself. Have Apple do it.

Apple does not sell iPhone parts. The only possible sources for iPhone parts are stolen parts, salvaged parts, and counterfeit parts.

In addition, if you attempt the repair yourself, you will permanently forfeit your right to service from Apple, including out of warranty replacement. Your phone will become untouchable as far as Apple is concerned.

iphone 5, recall for power button, but have a cracked screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.