Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Main logic board replacement cost

I need the main logic board replaced on my Macbook pro retina 13" After water damage. I had it inspected at an apple authorised s provider but would prefer the work to be done at an apple retail store. Does anyone know how much apple stores tend to charge for a logic board replacement? (I know it's expensive but I can't get an appointment for another week and would like rough estimate now so I can judge if it's worth it)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on Dec 29, 2016 9:41 AM

8 replies

Nov 12, 2017 6:14 AM in response to Kems_o

It would be cheaper to repair the one that is in the unit if decided not get one off from ebay. Make sure you are buying the right one check the board # and go from there it should be Example: 820-XXXX-X Make sure you understand that there is no warranty with your unit so it will full cost of repairs which is insane at the apple store!!

Dec 29, 2016 10:25 AM in response to Kems_o

When it comes to liquid damage, Apple doesn't just replace one part. They replace ANY part that has come in contact with liquid. I've seen them replace up to 14 parts in a single liquid damaged machine.

Because of this, they replace it at a flat rate cost, in which they send it to a repair facility for repair. That cost is $884.

Reasoning for that is, if you just replaced the logic board, and there was a spot of liquid contamination on something else, it could cause a short in the circuitry, corrosion, or many other things. Apple prefers just to replace any part that has come in contact with liquid.

I hope that helps.

Best of luck!

Dec 29, 2016 10:43 AM in response to stuartjash

It has already been taken apart, cleaned and inspected- it is only the logic board that has been damaged (display connector and battery chip to be more specific). It still turns on and runs fine but needs to be connected to a display and power source to be useable. Not sure if they have the same practices here in U.K. Stores of replacing everything (didn't realise I'd posted on the US site). Thanks for the help!

Dec 29, 2016 10:46 AM in response to Kems_o

My guess is that if it is also on the LVDS (display) cable, they will want to replace that too. The only reason I say that is because I imagine they will want to make sure there are no signs of liquid contamination on that cable, or else you'd probably be back in for another repair shortly after.

I actually don't know the pricing of a repair in the UK, but best of luck to you.

Cheers!

Main logic board replacement cost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.