Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM Not Supported Iphone 7 plus

Hello everyone,

I got the new iPhone 7 plus 32 GB from Amazon over a month ago, I made sure it was fully unlocked so I could use it in my home country Venezuela (Asking the seller), after receiving the phone and start the activation process, it asked me to choose a carrier from a list of US carriers (I picked T-Mobile randomly from all of them), I thought it was just a step on the whole process but after completing the activation, I put in my nano sim (From Movistar Venezuela) and a message popped up saying: "SIM NOT SUPPORTED".

I conctated the seller and he says there was a mistake and they sent me an unlocked phone but just for US carriers (I can choose the US carrier I want the phone to be locked to when turning it on for the first time) which I think it's nonsense from my outlook.

I've tried everything (other nano sims from all Venezuelans carriers), I got a T-Mobile nano sim to see if it was recognized and it worked (With no service of course, since I'm not in the US), as my last try I orderd an unlocking code from a website and they told me it was not possible since they couldn't find the phone in their database.

Have some else experienced something like this? Could you get this fixed?

I contacted apple support and they could not do anything either, I'm really concerned.User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2, 32 GB

Posted on Dec 29, 2016 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2016 1:01 PM

You did NOT buy an unlocked phone. You apparently bought a phone that was originally sold under the US reseller flex policy, but was not activated at the time of sale.

It can ONLY be activated on a US carrier and it will lock to carrier used to activate it.

Return it for a refund. Amazon is NOT an authorized source for iPhones. Buy an iPhone intended for use in your country from an authorized source.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2016 1:01 PM in response to justheng17

You did NOT buy an unlocked phone. You apparently bought a phone that was originally sold under the US reseller flex policy, but was not activated at the time of sale.

It can ONLY be activated on a US carrier and it will lock to carrier used to activate it.

Return it for a refund. Amazon is NOT an authorized source for iPhones. Buy an iPhone intended for use in your country from an authorized source.

SIM Not Supported Iphone 7 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.