Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't sign out of my icloud account.

I have an iphone 5s running ios 10.1(14B72) now the main issue is I cant sign out of my icloud account on this device cuz I wanna sell it, if trying sign out an error prompt saying "Verification failed" there was an error connecting to icloud server. Have tried to hard reset, network reset, as I saw in some posts but nothing helped so far, and the worst thing is that the phone indicates that there is an update of 10.2 but the link of 'Download and install' below the summary of ios 10.2 is disabled while the phone is connected to WI-FI, means I cant upgrade my ios even If I wanted to😠😠!!, help please am so confused right now don't know what else to do and sorry for the long post but I'm just getting tired with this, really tired.😕😕😕

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1, I am from Tanzania ,East Africa

Posted on Dec 30, 2016 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2017 5:15 PM

If one cannot restore or erase an iPhone or iPad because one cannot sign-out of iCloud or turn off "find my phone", there is an actually easy and surprising way around. Set the device up to automatically delete all data after ten failed password attempts, then willfully and intentionally input the password wrong ten times (this takes a little while because one must wait longer for the latter attempts). Ultimately the device will self-erase and one can restart from fresh. In practice this methods completely negates the systems that Apple implements to prevent users from erasing or transferring phones without obtaining verification from iCloud or "Find my phone."

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2017 5:15 PM in response to kevifromtanga

If one cannot restore or erase an iPhone or iPad because one cannot sign-out of iCloud or turn off "find my phone", there is an actually easy and surprising way around. Set the device up to automatically delete all data after ten failed password attempts, then willfully and intentionally input the password wrong ten times (this takes a little while because one must wait longer for the latter attempts). Ultimately the device will self-erase and one can restart from fresh. In practice this methods completely negates the systems that Apple implements to prevent users from erasing or transferring phones without obtaining verification from iCloud or "Find my phone."

can't sign out of my icloud account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.