Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone has been acting quirky lately And I'm concerned about a virus - if I back up my phone do I risk transferring the virus to the back up and my computer.

I have a 6S Plus iPhone and nearly no memory left - I suspect I might have a virus - if I back up the phone do I risk transferring the virus through the back up and possibly to my computer. Also the OS is due for an update. I've lost my contacts and the photos keep disappearing and then so far restoring. Heading for the Genius Bar this afternoon.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.0.2, low memory ? Virus

Posted on Dec 30, 2016 9:14 AM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2016 9:19 AM in response to Marcadiem

Marcadiem wrote:

I have a 6S Plus iPhone and nearly no memory left - I suspect I might have a virus - if I back up the phone do I risk transferring the virus through the back up and possibly to my computer. Also the OS is due for an update. I've lost my contacts and the photos keep disappearing and then so far restoring. Heading for the Genius Bar this afternoon.

There are no known viruses for a non jailbroken iPhone.

not sure how having no more memory constitutes as a virus.

if you're out of memory delete some data off your phone.

Check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

My phone has been acting quirky lately And I'm concerned about a virus - if I back up my phone do I risk transferring the virus to the back up and my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.