Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i unconnect continuity?

How do I unconnect continuity?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2016 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:47 AM

Christopher Lim's solution no longer works as of iOS 11 - the options are still there, but they do not completely disable continuity. This is exceedingly frustrating.

2 replies

Dec 30, 2016 10:07 AM in response to lima12326

Doing this will disable the features of continuity. If that is what you desire, continue.

Handoff

• On Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click General. Deselect “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
  • On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn off Handoff.
  • On Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap General and turn off Enable Handoff.

Calls

• On iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn off Allow Calls on Other Devices.
  • On iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn off Calls from iPhone.
  • On Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then deselect Calls From iPhone.

On iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, then switch off text message forwarding for all (or whichever) device you desire.

For more info: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

how do i unconnect continuity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.