Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10.2 - Shuffle all songs by "Artist".

Prior to the update to iOS 10.2, when I opened the music app I could select an "Artist" from my library which would give me a view of all albums by that artist. At the very top, above all the albums, there was a "SHUFFLE" function that allowed me to shuffle all songs on all albums by the artist I chose.

In iOS 10.2, when I open the music app, I select an artist from my library, and I get a view of all albums by that artist. The "SHUFFLE" function is no longer there and the only shuffle function is to shuffle songs on an individual album by the selected artist. I want my shuffle function back!

I'm probably overlooking it and I'm hoping someone far more tech savvy than myself can help an OldGoat figure out his music shuffle problem.

Peace!

Mike

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2016 10:35 AM

4 replies

Feb 23, 2017 7:17 AM in response to OldGoat58

This has been bugging me today too.

The only way I've been able to do it is:

Click on Search and click on "Your Library" - type in the band name then Search

Click on the Artist name when it appears below

It will display all the albums , but above it the Shuffle arrows - click on that.

That seems to be shuffling all album tracks

Dec 31, 2016 11:00 AM in response to OldGoat58

Hi OldGoat58,

I see that you're posting because you no longer see the option to shuffle all songs by a particular artist. I'd be happy to help with this!

To begin, please restart your device before testing again. Take a look at this website for more information:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Take a look at the information here and make sure you're following these instructions to enable the Shuffle All feature:

If you want to listen to an artist's entire collection of music that you've saved to your library, find the artist in Library > Artists. Tap Shuffle All User uploaded file to play all of their music.

Use Apple Music in the Music app - Apple Support
Take care!

Dec 31, 2016 11:13 AM in response to jdo_apple

Thank you jdo_apple! Unfortunately you missed my entire point! You stated: "If you want to listen to an artist's entire collection of music that you've saved to your library, find the artist in Library > Artists. Tap Shuffle All User uploaded file to play all of their music."

When I open my music app on my iPad Air, I select "Artists" from the drop down, then I select the artist, say "Dire Straits", it opens the right side panel in the music app and lists all the albums I have by that artist. There USED TO BE A SHUFFLE ALL listed above the artist name PRIOR TO UPDATING TO iOS 10.2. Now all there is in the side panel is the artist's name, the albums and then "SEE MORE BY........." fill in the blank with your artist.

This affects my iPad Air ONLY, my iPhone 5S still has the shuffle all functionality. Hopefully someone smarted than me can figure out what happened! My Widener University Junior in Comp-Sci can't figure it out so it's got to be some glitch in the programming somewhere!

Peace!

Mike

iOS 10.2 - Shuffle all songs by "Artist".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.