Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no Wallet & Apple Pay preferences pane on my MacBook. How do I set up Apple Pay?

Hello,

I can not access any preferences pane for "Wallet & Apple Pay". How do I set up Apple Pay on my MacBook?

System specs:

- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016), 1.1 GHz Intel Core m3, 8GB Memory

- Running the latest version of MacOS. Version 10.12.2 (16C67)

- Running the latest version of Safari. Version 10.0.2 (12602.3.12.0.1)

- Region is set to Australia (Apple Pay compatible Region)

Other information:

- I have successfully set up Apple Pay and added cards to the wallet on iPhone 7 and Apple Watch (1st Generation)

- "Wallet & Apple Pay" comes up in spotlight search but when executed the following error message comes up:

You can’t open the “Wallet & Apple Pay” preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time.

To see this preferences pane, you may need to connect a device to your computer.

Any ideas what the issue is here?

Thanks.

Apple Pay, macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on Dec 30, 2016 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2016 1:21 AM

Hi

There is not supposed to be a Wallet & Apple Pay pane in System Preferences on your MacBook.

To use Apple Pay on supported websites using a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID (Late 2016 models onwards):

Add a card (or cards) to your Mac via Systems Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.

To use Apple Pay on supported websites on older Macs (supported for models from 2012 and newer with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch):

• Check that you are signed in to your Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch with the same iCloud account.
  • Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your Mac.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.

In either case, also:

On your Mac, open Safari > Preferences > Privacy (tab) > check the box for Apple Pay.

More information:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2016 1:21 AM in response to ashleyfrommortlake

Hi

There is not supposed to be a Wallet & Apple Pay pane in System Preferences on your MacBook.

To use Apple Pay on supported websites using a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID (Late 2016 models onwards):

Add a card (or cards) to your Mac via Systems Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.

To use Apple Pay on supported websites on older Macs (supported for models from 2012 and newer with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch):

• Check that you are signed in to your Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch with the same iCloud account.
  • Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your Mac.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.

In either case, also:

On your Mac, open Safari > Preferences > Privacy (tab) > check the box for Apple Pay.

More information:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac - Apple Support

There is no Wallet & Apple Pay preferences pane on my MacBook. How do I set up Apple Pay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.