Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full screen picture incoming calls

My wife and i both bought iPhone 7 Plus 256. I have full screen picture of the incoming caller and she cannot get to do this on my wife's iPhone. My wife only gets the small thumbnail picture. I convince her to change from an android phone and table to Apple and now she is not happy. The settings etc are the same on both phones.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2016 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2017 2:10 AM

Hi fs1952,

I understand that you have full screen photos for incoming callers on your new iPhone 7 Plus, while your wife has small thumbnail size for incoming callers on her new iPhone 7 Plus. Having a full screen photo show when you get an incoming call is a nice feature of the iPhone. I'll be happy to help.

What your wife will need to do, is to go to each contact that shows as the thumbnail size and edit the photo. Even if it is just to move the photo over just a slight bit, then save the changes. That will allow the photo to be full screen the next time that caller calls.

Open the Contacts app. Tap on the name of the contact that you want to change the size of the photo for. Tap Edit. Tap Edit under the contacts photo. Tap Edit Photo. Make a slight adjustment to the photo. Tap Choose in the lower right. Tap Done in the upper right. Then the next time you receive a call from that caller, it will be full screen.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a great day!
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2017 2:10 AM in response to fs1952

Hi fs1952,

I understand that you have full screen photos for incoming callers on your new iPhone 7 Plus, while your wife has small thumbnail size for incoming callers on her new iPhone 7 Plus. Having a full screen photo show when you get an incoming call is a nice feature of the iPhone. I'll be happy to help.

What your wife will need to do, is to go to each contact that shows as the thumbnail size and edit the photo. Even if it is just to move the photo over just a slight bit, then save the changes. That will allow the photo to be full screen the next time that caller calls.

Open the Contacts app. Tap on the name of the contact that you want to change the size of the photo for. Tap Edit. Tap Edit under the contacts photo. Tap Edit Photo. Make a slight adjustment to the photo. Tap Choose in the lower right. Tap Done in the upper right. Then the next time you receive a call from that caller, it will be full screen.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a great day!

Jan 7, 2017 1:51 PM in response to raina_b22

Dear Becky,

I have single and quite annoying issue with what you recommend. If I do as you said, edit / move photo little bit, the photo is really full screen afterwards, but absolutely horrible blurry quality. I guess both me and fs1952 do not want a smartphone for more than 1000 EUR with retina display to have blurry photos of our contacts.

It is really annoying me to bother with such stupid details and I want to ask - is any patch coming out soon?

Thank You.

Best regards,

Roman

Jan 11, 2017 2:16 AM in response to raina_b22

Thank you for your replies. I tried editing photos through contacts as suggested by becky_s22 sugusted (even did this before i raised the issue) and it doesn't resolve the issue. The only way i can get a large picture is adding a contact to favourites and editing/adjusting photo through the favourites sceen. I find this very clunky and suggest Apple should create a thumbnail or large photo display option for each contact.

Full screen picture incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.