Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Sync doesn't finish

Hi,

when I look at my iCloud Drive in Finder, it constantly displays the progress circle. The circle is completely filled, so I assume it is almost done.

When I check the "i" information. It keeps stating "1 object is being uploaded to iCloud" and the progress bar is full.

It's like that since two days.

It seems that syncing still works. If I drop a new file to iClid drive it's being uploaded and I can see it in Safari iCloud.

Any idea anybody, how I can fix this annoyance?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.2), null

Posted on Dec 31, 2016 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2017 11:04 AM

Hi there, detlefs!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with iCloud Drive updating properly. Check out this article with steps to Get help with iCloud Drive .

What if my files don't update to iCloud?

Check these things first:

If you tried these steps and your files still don’t upload to iCloud:

1. Stay signed in to iCloud.
  2. Save your updated files to a different folder on your Mac or PC.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2017 11:04 AM in response to detlefs

Hi there, detlefs!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with iCloud Drive updating properly. Check out this article with steps to Get help with iCloud Drive .

What if my files don't update to iCloud?

Check these things first:

If you tried these steps and your files still don’t upload to iCloud:

1. Stay signed in to iCloud.
  2. Save your updated files to a different folder on your Mac or PC.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Aug 29, 2017 12:50 AM in response to detlefs

Hi there,

I had almost the same issue: the iCloud circle in finder were keeping constantly filling, starting again few seconds after finishing each run. The cause was a file edited in Numbers and not saved yet. In this case Numbers every few seconds automatically saves the file you're working on; and the default directory where Numbers in my Mac automatically saves edited files is iCloud.

As soon as I saved the Numbers file in whatever directory, the iCloud upload process stopped!

iCloud Sync doesn't finish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.