Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mobile device usb driver missing

I am having issues with my IpodTouch, it won't come up on my Itunes and i have noticed apple mobile device usb driver is missing. I have tried my hardest to fix this issue and have tried all things uninstalling itunes, tried different cables but no luck.

Can anyone help please

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Dec 31, 2016 3:33 AM

5 replies

Dec 31, 2016 5:58 PM in response to 11kgm

Usually that does it. The drivers are bundled in iTunes and as long as you install the latest iTunes from apple's site, you can install the drivers. Removing those three things I mentioned removes any previous drivers...because sometimes your computer only thinks it updated the drivers, and you have to remove those things to force the issue.

You can try what's in the article linked below. Perhaps on another computer? Also try to force your iPod to reboot by holding down the sleep and home keys for 20 seconds or so. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot.

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Dec 31, 2016 8:33 PM in response to Skydiver119

I am trying the restarting well rebooting the Ipodtouch approach to no luck

I have worked through those steps but when i get to

Click Browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.

All i have is a few folders com.apple there is no drivers folder?

That is where i have generally gotten stuck

Thank you for your help

apple mobile device usb driver missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.