Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPhone, can't access iCloud account..

We went to Mexico not a long ago and my mom lost her iPhone 6s. We couldn't find it at all so she bought an iPhone 7 plus but it couldn't be the same phone number as the one that got lost. She wants to access her iCloud account to get her pictures and notes back to her new iPhone. Unfortunately every time she wants to access her account, it asks her for a verification code sent to the lost number. She knows her password for the iCloud account but she can't get that verification code at all. It also does the same with her Gmail and some other social media accounts... if anyone can at least help us get in the iCloud account so we can also turn on the "Find My iPhone" and find her phone, we'd appreciate it a

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Dec 31, 2016 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2017 12:46 AM

Is she using Two-Step Verification or Two-Factor Authentication. Each has a different method for recovering your info. Two-Step Verification has a Recovery Key that should have been kept in a safe place. Two-Factor Authentication has a recovery process: Regain access to your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery - Apple Support

You cannot turn on Find My iPhone at this point. It must be turned on before the device is lost or stolen.

Best of luck,

GB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2017 12:46 AM in response to Heldrish

Is she using Two-Step Verification or Two-Factor Authentication. Each has a different method for recovering your info. Two-Step Verification has a Recovery Key that should have been kept in a safe place. Two-Factor Authentication has a recovery process: Regain access to your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery - Apple Support

You cannot turn on Find My iPhone at this point. It must be turned on before the device is lost or stolen.

Best of luck,

GB

Lost iPhone, can't access iCloud account..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.