Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Apple ID Account Keeps Asking for Password

An old deleted Apple ID keeps asking for password verification on a brand new iPhone 7 w/iOS 10.2 after apps have been installed. This old account is not longer on any of my devices nor does it show up in my Apple ID Accont on the Apple website.

How do I stop this Apple ID Verification box from popping up?

Thanks

OBS iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Jan 1, 2017 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2017 5:31 PM

Do you have the old version of the ID signed in anywhere on the Mac? Messages, FaceTime, iCloud, iTunes, Mac App Store? Make sure the old ID has been replaced with the updated one in these apps/services:

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

You can also try signing out of and back into iCloud. If you can specify the situation when this message occurs it might help to pinpoint where the issue lies.

Cheers,

GB

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2017 5:31 PM in response to Mark Romine

Do you have the old version of the ID signed in anywhere on the Mac? Messages, FaceTime, iCloud, iTunes, Mac App Store? Make sure the old ID has been replaced with the updated one in these apps/services:

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

You can also try signing out of and back into iCloud. If you can specify the situation when this message occurs it might help to pinpoint where the issue lies.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 1, 2017 2:31 PM in response to Mark Romine

It is undoubtedly asking for the password to that ID because you had apps or other media that was downloaded as a part of the set up process that were purchased with that ID. It is not deleted. iTunes media are forever tied to the Apple account they were purchased with, so you would need to go to: Apple - My Apple ID, and click on Forgot Password in order to follow the prompts to reset the password for that ID.

Your other option is to delete any media purchased or downloaded with that Apple account, and re-purchase or re-download using your current one.

Cheers,

GB

Deleted Apple ID Account Keeps Asking for Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.