Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting apple tv to Centurylink TV

trying to connect my apple TV 4 to CenturyLink Prism for local TV access - keep getting declined. Are there any special stings I need to be aware of ?? Thanks

Apple TV, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 2, 2017 8:19 AM

9 replies

Feb 12, 2017 11:11 AM in response to Diana.McCall

I am having the same issue. Apps like NBC and ABC require login to tv provider to stream video. I've made numerous attempts via individual app setting and Apple TV settings to log in to my tv provider centurylink. I have double checked my email and password for my centurylink account by logging in to my account online. Each time I enter the centurylink account email and password in Apple TV I receive a "Sign in error invalid username or password please try again" message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 16, 2017 8:50 AM in response to dgreenwood1946

I was having the exact same issue, until a CL rep over a chat session told me the only way to get your Prism TV to work on the Apple TV, is to create a new centurylink.net email address, this is different than your My Account credentials. Once you have created your new email and password through centurylink.net, you will use those credentials to log in to the single sign on feature of the Apple TV, and all of the supported TV apps. Hope that helps...

connecting apple tv to Centurylink TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.