Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 home and lock screen draining battery

My iPhone 7 is showing 89% battery usage for Home and Lock Screen. This is a phone I got for work and only use it for Phone calls, messages, and emails. Within one hour from being unplugged at 100% it loses approximately an average of 20% of battery life.

It has OS 10.2 currently installed. Had the phone for about a month, and it just recently started draining the battery very fast. Any suggestions to try to help solve this issue?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2017 8:15 AM

Probably too late but I will reply anyway, I had the same problem too and I don't spend that much time on my iPhone and yet my "Home & Lock screen" was draining most of the battery.

Then I noticed my "Raise to wake" was turned on, so whenever I walk or move up the display comes on and goes which was the root cause in my case. This may not be the same for you but just thought I'd share my reason.

Settings-->Display and Brightness --> Raise to awake

Mine is iPhone6 running IOS 10

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2017 8:15 AM in response to bkletjian

Probably too late but I will reply anyway, I had the same problem too and I don't spend that much time on my iPhone and yet my "Home & Lock screen" was draining most of the battery.

Then I noticed my "Raise to wake" was turned on, so whenever I walk or move up the display comes on and goes which was the root cause in my case. This may not be the same for you but just thought I'd share my reason.

Settings-->Display and Brightness --> Raise to awake

Mine is iPhone6 running IOS 10

Jan 4, 2017 12:00 PM in response to gojacks12

Hey there, gojacks12,
It appears that the Home & Lock Screen on your iPhone 7 is using quite a bit of the battery life of your iPhone 7. I'll be glad to help you with this.
About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- When you return to Settings > Battery, you can tap Home & Lock Screen, and it will show you how much time has been spent on both together. This could mean your iPhone is left turned on and at the home screen (not locked), or you have an abundance of notifications going to your lock screen. Mine was a bit high as well, but turning off "Show on Lock Screen" notifications for applications I wasn't really interested in helped. I also don't use the Auto-Lock feature, but I make it a point to lock the screen after I've finished using my phone for a bit.
Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan -- This article contains great general and specific steps you can take to maximize your iPhone's battery life. Don't neglect Tips for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch for steps specific for your iPhone. After you apply any step, test your iPhone's battery for a bit and report back your findings.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Iphone 7 home and lock screen draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.