Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Still Worth in 2017?

Is The iPhone 6 Plus still worth in 2017 Because it has been reslased in 2014 and it's since 3 years after the reslase

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 9:45 AM

Hello AkshayBishnoi,

For future reference, these forums are strictly for support related queries, and as such, speculative discourse is prohibited according to the community etiquette. I will provide you a link to the Community Etiquette guidelines.

Community etiquette

With that said, I will do my best to address your question in a manner that best keeps with the rules of the community.

Apple's product cycle for the iPhone works as follows

1) Introduce a new iPhone

2) Introduce "S" iteration of the previous iPhone.

3) Introduce new numbered series

4) Previous iteration becomes new entry level iPhone

For example iPhone 6 (new phone) > iPhone 6s ("S" iteration) > iPhone 7 (new numbered series) > iPhone 6s (entry level)

At present, Apple still sells the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, and has yet to announce the discontinuation of those devices. As such, the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are still a value to customers looking for well supported devices that offer a robust feature set. The iPhone 6s will be supported at minimum for the next five years, as Apple only stops supporting a device once it has been classified as "Vintage" (with a few exceptions), or "Obsolete" (with no exceptions). For more information on "Vintage" and "Obsolete" classifications, please refer to the following Apple Support Guide.

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

If you desire a more conversational space to discuss Apple products with other Apple customers, I recommend the forums over at MacRumors, or alternatively, you may use Apple's User Group resource page to search for an Apple User Group in your area. I will provide you with a link to the User Group resources page.

http://appleusergroupresources.com/find-a-group/

Best of luck to you.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2017 9:45 AM in response to AkshayBishnoi

Hello AkshayBishnoi,

For future reference, these forums are strictly for support related queries, and as such, speculative discourse is prohibited according to the community etiquette. I will provide you a link to the Community Etiquette guidelines.

Community etiquette

With that said, I will do my best to address your question in a manner that best keeps with the rules of the community.

Apple's product cycle for the iPhone works as follows

1) Introduce a new iPhone

2) Introduce "S" iteration of the previous iPhone.

3) Introduce new numbered series

4) Previous iteration becomes new entry level iPhone

For example iPhone 6 (new phone) > iPhone 6s ("S" iteration) > iPhone 7 (new numbered series) > iPhone 6s (entry level)

At present, Apple still sells the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, and has yet to announce the discontinuation of those devices. As such, the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are still a value to customers looking for well supported devices that offer a robust feature set. The iPhone 6s will be supported at minimum for the next five years, as Apple only stops supporting a device once it has been classified as "Vintage" (with a few exceptions), or "Obsolete" (with no exceptions). For more information on "Vintage" and "Obsolete" classifications, please refer to the following Apple Support Guide.

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

If you desire a more conversational space to discuss Apple products with other Apple customers, I recommend the forums over at MacRumors, or alternatively, you may use Apple's User Group resource page to search for an Apple User Group in your area. I will provide you with a link to the User Group resources page.

http://appleusergroupresources.com/find-a-group/

Best of luck to you.

Jan 3, 2017 9:42 AM in response to AkshayBishnoi

If this is a phone you already have, it's probably still a good phone. Does the phone still do what you need it to do? Is it in good working condition? If the answers to both those questions is "Yes", then the only reason to upgrade would because you want additional features.

If you're thinking of buying a phone, the 6+ is probably going to be cheaper than the 7. So, you'll need to decide what features are important to you and how much money you're willing to spend.

iPhone 6 Plus Still Worth in 2017?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.