Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Invites Not Sending

A few months ago, myself and my family began encountering issues with iCloud Calendar invites. Suddenly, they would no longer send to anyone. It showed it as sent, but the recipient never received an e-mail nor notification (all set to In-App Notifications in iCloud Preferences). This is on devices running latest iOS 10, 10.1, and 10.2 (as time as passed). It also affects our Macs (running latest each of El Capitan and Sierra), as they do not receive or send invites either. It doesn't matter which device (or account) you start the process on. They all exhibit the same problems. Multiple iPhone and iPad generations, as well as 7 years of Macs.

To eliminate issues commonly found online:

One user has a Gmail address as their AppleID.

Another receives e-mail on a private domain e-mail server with their AppleID a different Gmail address.

I have a @me.com address as AppleID.

I've logged out of iCloud on all devices to reset. No change.

The issues with it not working at all seemed to start around when iCloud Calendar invite spam began hitting the news. Never received any spam, just lost ability to do invites.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2, 32 GB, Black

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2017 11:52 AM

Do the invites you are sending have a location ? if so thats your problem right there. None of my invites will go if I put an address in the location field. I now have to put the address/location in the "notes" field and leave the location field completely blank and then my invite will go out. I have been testing this for the past week or so and so far thats what I have found. I have contacted apple several times and have even spoken to senior tech advisors for several hours. After spending several hours on the phone with tech support and thinking it was fixed only to hang up and send a new invite and get NOTHING !! Thats when I tried with several different ways and so far the ONLY way I can get an invite to go out is to send it w/out a location. I emailed tech support several times about this and I am now waiting for a reply. Try testing that out and see if you have any luck, can't hurt none.

Best of Luck

Alexis

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2017 11:52 AM in response to umparrothead

Do the invites you are sending have a location ? if so thats your problem right there. None of my invites will go if I put an address in the location field. I now have to put the address/location in the "notes" field and leave the location field completely blank and then my invite will go out. I have been testing this for the past week or so and so far thats what I have found. I have contacted apple several times and have even spoken to senior tech advisors for several hours. After spending several hours on the phone with tech support and thinking it was fixed only to hang up and send a new invite and get NOTHING !! Thats when I tried with several different ways and so far the ONLY way I can get an invite to go out is to send it w/out a location. I emailed tech support several times about this and I am now waiting for a reply. Try testing that out and see if you have any luck, can't hurt none.

Best of Luck

Alexis

Jan 4, 2017 12:55 PM in response to Asallano

Bingo! Test invite sent (and received perfectly). Thank you for your hours of testing. You've isolated the issue. Now I'll create a bug report for Apple with this information so they can hopefully fix it. I encourage others to do the same.

Thanks again. I'll do as you did and add location to the notes section. Not ideal, but better than no invites.

Jan 11, 2017 5:05 PM in response to umparrothead

Sill didn't fix my issue.

I use the iPad and open Calendar and click CALENDARS (bottom center) > ℹ info (my account) > SHARE WITH: > Add Person. I enter the person with iCloud account and it appears OK...click ADD. I see his name "pending" and then click DONE. Then his name disappears. I rebooted, signed out, signed in...same thing. I would guess this should be important, but they're too busy with fake cars, watches and other things to help the users out.

😟

Mar 24, 2017 1:18 PM in response to umparrothead

I had this same issue today and found this thread. I removed the location, but the notification still wasn't being sent to my husband's phone. Instead he was getting an email. So, I went back and removed the notes and voila! notification sent. Sounds like a related bug to what you already reported, but thought i'd throw in my 2 cents FWIW. Thanks!

Aug 28, 2017 6:44 PM in response to umparrothead

I have had problems with IPhone calendar not sending invites on and off. It seems to relate to the updates I get. After some troubleshooting tonight (logging in and out of IPhone, turning on and off), I manually go in and select the email from my contacts that I want to add to calendar invite and not use the emails from suggested list that I used in the past. This seemed to do the trick. I've never gotten replies back consistently. I generally always have the location filled in. I hope this helps. I know its frustrating.

Dec 10, 2017 8:03 AM in response to umparrothead

I seem to have the same problem of invites not sending to invitees in my apple calendar. The first two invites were successful when I used my iphone to send the invites. But when I used my ipad to send the invites, they were not sending anymore. The recepients do not receive any invite comming from me. When I used my iphone again to send the invites, they were not anymore sending too. I can receive invites from other contacts but it seems that it is my calendar that has the problem of sending. I also tried removing the locations attached in the invites but to no avail.

Any help will be much appreciated. 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Dec 14, 2017 6:43 PM in response to TeriA

WOW. After reading this thread, this is what worked for me.

I was sending out invites for the whole year for my family. Everything was working until I got until Aug 2018. Same process I used over and over and it stopped sending invites to everyone else.

What I did to resolve it? I just updated the notes with a "." I basically figured any text notation would work. Voila! Rest of invites went out fine.

Definitely some weird bug.

Calendar Invites Not Sending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.