Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ordering Apple photo books from iPhoto

Does anyone know if Apple photo book ordering is still supported in version 9.2.3 of iPhoto?

Thanks.

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2017 6:55 AM

Thank Paul! That is encouraging! 🙂

This support document is also showing, that we can order Print products from iPhoto '11, version 9.x.y.

Details about books, cards, and calendars ordered in Photos for OS X and iPhoto - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201882

It has been published Jun 6, 2016, two months after Apple announced that the Apple Print Products Store will no longer be available for iPhoto.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2017 6:55 AM in response to PFJ30

Thank Paul! That is encouraging! 🙂

This support document is also showing, that we can order Print products from iPhoto '11, version 9.x.y.

Details about books, cards, and calendars ordered in Photos for OS X and iPhoto - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201882

It has been published Jun 6, 2016, two months after Apple announced that the Apple Print Products Store will no longer be available for iPhoto.

Jan 3, 2017 3:49 PM in response to jasperfromcobble hill

Yes everyone knows - Apple discontinued all iPhoto print products at the end of March 2016

You can upgrade to OS X 10.12.2 and Photos 2.0 although your projects may or may not migrate to Photos - if's templates are substantially different from iPhoto's - Details of how Photos handles the migration from iPhoto - specifically

Some photo books and calendars, made with themes that Photos no longer supports, migrate to Albums.

There are third party printers who will print iPhoto books like Presto Photo for example

LN

Jan 5, 2017 11:45 AM in response to Yer_Man

Something seems to have changed. Aperture is still giving the warning "A connection could not be established at this time" when I am trying to place an order, but iPhoto 9.6.1 is no longer showing the panel that the service has been discontinued. I can get as far as placing the order, but I cancel before confirming, because I do not want to order a book right now.

Jan 6, 2017 6:28 AM in response to léonie

Happy New Year Léonie, same old Apple 🙂

I am still using iPhoto and Aperture on my Mac and printed Calendars and Cards in December '16. BUT I did accidentally download/install Photos a couple of years back. Is it possible that Photos is unknown to me allowing me to print from iPhoto?

Regards Paul

Jan 6, 2017 6:43 AM in response to Yer_Man

Happy New Year MrD

I can still print from my Mac running iPhoto 9.6.1 on Sierra (well I did in December)

As I mentioned to Léonie below I do have Photos on my Mac but to the best of my knowledge I have never used it - it was downloaded/installed in error when doing an OS update

On my iPhone I do not use iCloud Photo Library. I use photo stream to bring iPhone pics onto the Mac

Regards Paul

ordering Apple photo books from iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.