Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attach iCloud Documents to Gmail on iPad

I just switched all my work from MacBook to iPad Pro. It's been a bit of a steep learning curve, trying to do things that was easy on the MacBook. My most frustrating situation right now is that for my business I have a gmail account. As such I need to attach documents such as spreadsheets to gmail messages. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do so using Gmail via Safari or the Gmail app. I am able to send a single document from the iCloud to Gmail, but it's not the process that I want to use, as I often have to send multiple files to my business associates, it's not professional to have to send an associate three seperate emails instead of being able to attach 3 documents to the Gmail message. Anyone have a suitable work around?

iPad Pro, iOS 10.2, Running Beta 10.2.1 on iPad Pro

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 8:03 PM

How about using Gmail on the Mail app ?

Write the text.

Move the insertion point down two lines.

Tap the screen after the insertion point.

Tap Add Attachment.

Choose and add the attachment.

Move insertion point down two lines.

Repeat process.

Tap screen then tap Add Attachment.

User uploaded file

Three attachments I just sent myself.

User uploaded file

7 replies

Jan 5, 2017 7:57 AM in response to bobseufert

Well I just tried your suggestion on the Gmail app. I clicked down on the insertion point and I don't get what you see, my choices are: Srlect | Select All | Look Up. I get the same thing on my both my iPhone and iPad Pro. I also posted the same question on the gmail help, and got pretty much the same answer. Do I need to delete the app and reinstall?

Attach iCloud Documents to Gmail on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.