Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch turn on itself after turn off

Hello. Im barely have an apple watch. So maybe i dont know alot about how this things work. I had my apple watch turned off at night. But suddenly when i check it in the next morning. My apple watch suddenly turn on by itself. Is that normal issue? Or i am missing some setting? Thx

Posted on Jan 4, 2017 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 1:10 AM

Hi

It is normal for Apple Watch to turn on automatically if it is placed on the charger whilst it is turned off.

Rather than turning your watch off each night, you may find it convenient to charge your watch nightly, overnight.

The watch cannot be overcharged and the battery will not suffer any harm from regular charging. Charging will stop automatically when the battery is fully charged and start again if and when required due to ongoing battery usage.

Follow Apple's safety and handling instructions and also note that:

• It is not possible to turn the watch off whilst it is on the charger and connected to power - this is normal.
  • It is also normal for your watch, power adapter and charging cable to become warm when connected to power.

More information:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2017 1:10 AM in response to rijolee

Hi

It is normal for Apple Watch to turn on automatically if it is placed on the charger whilst it is turned off.

Rather than turning your watch off each night, you may find it convenient to charge your watch nightly, overnight.

The watch cannot be overcharged and the battery will not suffer any harm from regular charging. Charging will stop automatically when the battery is fully charged and start again if and when required due to ongoing battery usage.

Follow Apple's safety and handling instructions and also note that:

• It is not possible to turn the watch off whilst it is on the charger and connected to power - this is normal.
  • It is also normal for your watch, power adapter and charging cable to become warm when connected to power.

More information:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Apple watch turn on itself after turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.