Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked apple id and forgotten trusted phone number

Hellow i would like to ask for some help.My apple id is locked and to unlock it i had to enter my trusted phone number, but i don't remember it and i am not sure is it still valid.What should i do, please help.

iPhone 5, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2017 7:17 AM

When I choose the option to recover, ask again the phone number that I can not remember

12 replies

Jan 6, 2017 11:43 AM in response to blagovestobr

Hello blagovestobr,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that your Apple ID is locked and you don't remember your trusted phone number and if it is still valid. I'm happy to assist you in trying to help get your Apple ID unlocked.

Please see the article: If your Apple ID is locked , specifically:

If you use two-step verification, you need to use your recovery key and a trusted device. And if you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.
All the best.

Nov 1, 2017 8:04 AM in response to KiltedTim

You have to at least know your trusted phone number in order to put it into account recovery. Calling apple support without knowing what the trusted phone number is will be a complete waste of your time. Trust me! Best bet is to try to find out what that number is. You don't need to receive an sms on this number you simply need to know what the digits are to initiate the recovery.

Locked apple id and forgotten trusted phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.