You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are contact photos available in iPhone SE

I do not see contact photos in my messages and I don't see an option to turn it on. Are contact photos available in the SE?

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 11:39 AM

We were trying to determine if this is available on the SE in a discusssion yesterday.

How to get the circle for the messages to put in a contact photo ?

It now appears as though it is only available for the iPhone 6 or 6+ and higher. If you have it in Settings>Messages>Show Contact Photos>On, then it should work. If you don't have that in your settings, then you can't use it, obviously.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2017 11:39 AM in response to Lmoore181

We were trying to determine if this is available on the SE in a discusssion yesterday.

How to get the circle for the messages to put in a contact photo ?

It now appears as though it is only available for the iPhone 6 or 6+ and higher. If you have it in Settings>Messages>Show Contact Photos>On, then it should work. If you don't have that in your settings, then you can't use it, obviously.

Jan 5, 2017 11:45 AM in response to Lmoore181

You can assign contact photos under the Phone app:

1. Open the Phone app

2. Tap on the desired contact name

3. Tap on the Edit button in the top-right corner

4. Tap on the Add Photo button at the top-left

You can now take a photo or use an existing photo for that contact.

I don't know if the contact photos are available for Messages on the SE...seems the requirement is for the device to be at least an iPhone 6. I don't have the feature on my 5s. The setting (if available) should be under the Messages app settings (Settings/Messages).

EDIT: Seems as Demo has the definitive answer. 🙂

Are contact photos available in iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.