Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not showing downloaded songs under artist, song or album on iphone

Downloaded songs (downloaded as playlist) from apple music on my iphone don't show up under songs, artists or albums. I know the songs are physically on my phone because it will play them but only way to see them is from the playlist. Anyone know how to fix this? Phone is 6se and updates are current.

iPhone SE, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 9:02 AM

I think I found the issue.

The problem is that even when you add the list to your library, the songs inside the list are not added to your library even when they are already physically downloaded.

It is need to click in the “+” in the right side of esch song from them to be vissible under song, artists....

I think the songs should be added automatically, but they are not.

I hope it helps

Best regards,

Santi

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2017 9:02 AM in response to MMclendnen

I think I found the issue.

The problem is that even when you add the list to your library, the songs inside the list are not added to your library even when they are already physically downloaded.

It is need to click in the “+” in the right side of esch song from them to be vissible under song, artists....

I think the songs should be added automatically, but they are not.

I hope it helps

Best regards,

Santi

Jan 13, 2017 5:21 PM in response to flatfnder

Hmmm, no help yet. Let me try and make it clearer. I have a playlist that I downloaded onto my phone called Kid Rock. It has 10 of his songs in it. They are all physically downloaded on my phone. Now if I go into downloaded music then look st artists he doesn't show up. If I try and go to downloaded music then look at songs the songs down't show up. If I go to playlists I can see the playlist and play the songs. Why can't I see the artist and songs though from the artist category or songs in the songs category? This is going on with 95% of my downloaded music. Driving my crazy!!!!

Jan 13, 2017 6:41 PM in response to flatfnder

Simple question (and please don't take offense) are you sure the actual TRACKS are downloaded to your iPhone and not just that the playlist is synced to your iPhone because those are two different steps? The only way to make sure is if you go to Settings/Music/Downloaded Music can you see the actual tracks listed?

Because if YES, than that is strange. Only thing I can suggest is force quitting the Music app and then doing a hard reset of the iPhone (holding the HOME and POWER button - unless you have an iPhone 7 where it is the POWER and DOWN VOLUME buttons - until you see the Apple Logo). After the restart see if the songs show in Downloaded Music. Only other suggestion is to go to Settings/Music/Downloaded Music, tap on Downloaded Music and swipe across where it says All Songs to delete everything on the iPhone and then try downloading them again and see if that works.

Jan 14, 2017 5:00 PM in response to swandy

Yes (and not offended), I am sure the actual tracks are on my iPhone. I can see the tracks if I go to settings/music/downloaded music and I can play the tracks in airplane mode with wifi turned off so they are there. I have tried deleting the songs/playlist from my phone and then downloading again and I have tried doing a hard reset multiple times and that hasn't solved the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks

Not showing downloaded songs under artist, song or album on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.