Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail won't play

I have an iPhone 6s. I can see the transcription of the message but it's not accurate enough for me to understand what's being said. According to the literature, the message is supposed to play while I'm reading the message. The icon changes to indicate that the message is being played but the pointer indicating how much of the message has been played does not move from left to right, the number of remaining seconds doesn't decrease and the message doesn't play.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 8:23 PM

Thank you for responding so quickly. When I went to Settings to change the airplane mode, I noticed that there was a message informing me that there was an iOS update available. Reading through what 10.2 adds/fixes, I found that this version would fix the problem with voicemail messages not playing. After installing the update, I was able to listen to a very important message. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2017 8:23 PM in response to Trees1314

Thank you for responding so quickly. When I went to Settings to change the airplane mode, I noticed that there was a message informing me that there was an iOS update available. Reading through what 10.2 adds/fixes, I found that this version would fix the problem with voicemail messages not playing. After installing the update, I was able to listen to a very important message. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Voicemail won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.