Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten passcode for iphone 6

Hi,

I have forgotten my passcode for an iphone6 and when I follow the steps to erase the device with recovery mode as per instructions from the apple support site, I keep getting this message mid way through " itunes could not connect to iPhone because it is locked with a passcode. you must enter your passcode before it can be used with itunes" I obviously can't because I have forgotten it!

I have tried different cabled to connect, a different internet connection, a different computer. I have also followed a sugges

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 6, 2017 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply
12 replies

Jan 6, 2017 1:52 AM in response to applesmartz

Thanks for the reply, I have followed this step, but the issue is that when attempting to restore through itunes, midway through the download I get the following message: "itunes could not connect to iPhone because it is locked with a passcode. you must enter your passcode before it can be used with itunes".

As mentioned, I have tried different cabled to connect, a different internet connection, a different computer.

Forgotten passcode for iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.