Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Real or fake Apple text message.

I'll keep it simple. Received a text message from Apple saying they have my lost phone that I lost 1 and a half years ago, they normally send emails only and this is the first and only message I have received via text, has any had this before or have an opinion?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 6, 2017 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2017 7:32 AM

Hi

That is not from Apple. It is a phishing attempt, which is designed to trick you into disclosing personal information - including your Apple ID and password - to a third-party. Do not visit the site or enter any information there.

If you have already entered any information (such as your Apple ID and password) into the phishing website, follow the steps here:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For future reference, to check whether messages or emails are, in fact, from Apple:

To report the phishing attempt to Apple, follow the instructions here:

http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

If you need further assistance, contact Apple Support:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2017 7:32 AM in response to Williams966

Hi

That is not from Apple. It is a phishing attempt, which is designed to trick you into disclosing personal information - including your Apple ID and password - to a third-party. Do not visit the site or enter any information there.

If you have already entered any information (such as your Apple ID and password) into the phishing website, follow the steps here:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For future reference, to check whether messages or emails are, in fact, from Apple:

To report the phishing attempt to Apple, follow the instructions here:

http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

If you need further assistance, contact Apple Support:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Real or fake Apple text message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.