Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Screen Pixelated

Good day everyone. I have been having issues with my Macbook's screen recently. I have tried resetting VRAM and the SMC, however, I am now believing the unfortunate truth - that it may be a hardware issue. I would just like to see if anyone with experience could possibly confirm this. Could it be possible that some connection in the computer may have come loose and that it may be worth while opening it up and checking it out?

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks,

~Kaleb

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jan 6, 2017 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2017 1:20 PM

Do you have an external display you can try? If the external display looks good, then it may just be a problem with the internal display. If the external is also distorted, the problem is likely with the logic board graphics chip. Unfortunately, this does sound like a hardware problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2017 1:20 PM in response to kalebh5

Do you have an external display you can try? If the external display looks good, then it may just be a problem with the internal display. If the external is also distorted, the problem is likely with the logic board graphics chip. Unfortunately, this does sound like a hardware problem.

Jan 6, 2017 6:24 PM in response to kalebh5

No idea--best thing would be to take it to an Apple Store or an AASP and ask. Could be caused by any number of things having to do with the cable or the display. The genius bar should be able to run a comprehensive hardware test for free and then tell you exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it and what it would cost if Apple did it. Once you know what the problem is and what part or parts needs to be replaced, and if you feel like tackling it yourself, you can look for the part on PowerBook Medic or ifixit and look at the repair guides.

Good luck!

Macbook Pro Screen Pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.