You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't the BPM Counter working properly??

When I bring in a .wav audio file , the BPM Counter won't give me the exact tempo. Instead, it gives me half (or double) the tempo depending if the audio file is fast or not. Is it supposed to do this?? Am I doing something wrong?? All I'm doing is dragging the audio file directly from the Browser onto a trackm

iMac, null

Posted on Jan 6, 2017 5:33 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2017 7:58 PM in response to MMI22A

No, you are not doing anything wrong. Judging whether it's an up-tempo or halftime feel is pretty difficult for machine. Multiplying by two or dividing by two it's really not too much to ask compared to how we used to have to find tempi manually by defining the loop in the sample edit window and then using it in conjunction with the "set tempo by region and locators" command.

Why isn't the BPM Counter working properly??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.