Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i track an iphone using "Find my iphone" on another iphone , will it notify the location of the sign in and ask for the two-factor authentication code?

I want to track an iphone but i dont want the other person to know that it is being tracked , so my question is if when i log in to find my iphone with the other phones's account on my iphone, will the other person get the notification and two-factor authentication code?

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 10.2, Find my Iphone

Posted on Jan 8, 2017 11:53 AM

9 replies

Jan 8, 2017 12:59 PM in response to mariogvv70

When you set up 2FA you were given the opportunity to select more than one way of receiving the code. And you were also given a recovery key, with explicit instructions to save it and put it in a safe place, along with a reminder that by setting up 2FA you were taking total responsibility for your access to the account. Perhaps you forgot about the recovery key, but you should have it somewhere.

If i track an iphone using "Find my iphone" on another iphone , will it notify the location of the sign in and ask for the two-factor authentication code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.