Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control touchbar timeout delay?

I have the new Macbook Pro (2016) 15 inch with Touchbar and am trying to see how to control the timeout delay of the Touchbar.

I'm trying to watch a movie and I don't like seeing the illuminated touchbar since it's distracting. Currently it fades out after about a minute, but I'd like it to fadeout pretty immediately. I called applecare support and there doesn't seem to be an option in the system preferences to control this.

Anyone have a solution to this or do we have to wait for Apple to program it into their next OS release?

Posted on Jan 8, 2017 4:56 PM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2018 8:40 AM in response to tommy_lehoczky

Hey tommy-

I'm not sure if you ever found a solution for this, but I at least wanted to get this on here so it can help other people searching for the same solution.

Source:http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/269174/disable-the-sleep-function-of-th e-macbook-touch-bar

Copy and paste the following code into the "Script Editor" application on your MacBook:

(*

1. Save as an Application: Script Editor > File > Export… > File Format: Application

2. Check "Stay open after run handler"

3. Run the app or add it to your login items: System Preferences > Users & Groups > User > Login Items > Press the "+" button

*)

on idle

tell application "System Events" to keystroke (key code 63) -- press fn key

delay 60

end idle

Control touchbar timeout delay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.