Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet Self Assigned IP Address

Running Mavericks (10.9.5) on iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Dual Core and with Sky Router (not Sky Q). All ran fine, then added a few other Macs to the mix and this machine will to connect to the router via WiFi (just says ON) or Ethernet (says Self Assigned IP Address). Is this the router (Sky) or iMac and how can it be fixed? Many thanks in advance...

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 9, 2017 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2017 8:54 AM

Check System Preferences/Network, select the Ethernet, and make sure Configure IPv4 is set to Using DHCP (not DHCP using manual address). Then select Wi-Fi/Advanced/TCP/IP and check for the same thing.

4 replies

Jul 30, 2017 5:14 AM in response to rogerdodger50

I know it is an old post but I had 2 days of this problem. I tried all posted methods with no joy but found for my solution. I was using power line adapters and even switching them off and on and doing the same with the router did not work even though the power line adapters were functioning correctly.

It turns out that all I needed to do was pair the power line adapters with each other again and the self assigned up address then cleared itself up.

Hope this helps other people.

Ethernet Self Assigned IP Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.