Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erase cloudd

I had an error message cloudd quit unexpetedly on my Mac, so I delete a file call cloudd, and now my os x copies files to iCloud drive but does not sync. I see the little cloud icons but i freeze there. Any suggestion?

Imac on os x 10.12.2

iMac, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2017 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 6:07 AM

I finally found out why the cloudd quit unexpectedly, When I clean junk file with Dr. Clean Elite it cause the cloudd to crash. The Dr. Cleaner team are aware of the situation and they are working on a solution. So for now when I use the application, I click on system optimizer/Junk Files scan I uncheck Cloudkit and no more crash. So if it could help anyone having the same problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 6:07 AM in response to granul

I finally found out why the cloudd quit unexpectedly, When I clean junk file with Dr. Clean Elite it cause the cloudd to crash. The Dr. Cleaner team are aware of the situation and they are working on a solution. So for now when I use the application, I click on system optimizer/Junk Files scan I uncheck Cloudkit and no more crash. So if it could help anyone having the same problem.

erase cloudd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.