Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the play count for songs in the playlist?

I have just downloaded itunes 12.5.1.21. I have uploaded my songs into itunes and created a playlist, but there is no song play count anymore, and I keep hearing the same song over and over.

How do I add the song play count in the playlist?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 10, 2017 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2017 10:06 AM

View your playlist as Songs - View > View As > Songs. There is a Plays column. That should be where you play count shows.

7 replies

Jan 10, 2017 10:21 AM in response to jeroshima

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but you can click on your play list and display it by song. That will give you a column heading called Plays. Listing your library by songs will give you the same heading. Plays replace Play Count as a column heading/display choice. Alternatively, you can create a Smart Playlist from your entire library using Plays as a search key and get a pretty comprhensive list of what's been listened to the most.

Jan 10, 2017 10:42 AM in response to jeroshima

Click on your playlist. Display your play list by Song. View > View As > Songs. You'll get a view like this:

User uploaded file

Plays is a column. The play count is there. I don't know what else to tell you. The Plays column is where you will see your play counts, be it a singular playlist or your library displayed as songs.

And if you don't see Plays, then click View > Show View Options. It will bring up a menu and make sure Plays is checked.

User uploaded file

Jan 10, 2017 6:38 PM in response to cjahn50

My music library consist of my kids songs, my wife songs, audio books etc..

I have create a playlist for my songs only to play. In that playlist area,

it does not give me a play count.

If I go to my songs area, it includes my entire 7,000+ family library I

have, and I do not want to have to filter through all my families songs.

Jerome

TEL: ****
<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Where is the play count for songs in the playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.