Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single-user mode mount USB device failed: AppleKextExcludeList.kext has invalid signature; Trust cache is disabled

Hi expert,

My MBP is broke down, it could not startup normally, I could only login in single user mode.

When i try to mount a USB device to backup data, the mount operation failed, could any expert can help me:

localhost:/ root# mount_msdos /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/usb

Error in security framework, error -6674.

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext has invalid signature; Trust cache is disabled.

Untrusted kexts are not allowed.

ERROR: invalid signature for '/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext', will not load

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext has invalid signature; Trust cache is disabled.

Untrusted kexts are not allowed.

ERROR: invalid signature for com.apple.kpl.libkern, will not load

Signature failure in dependencies for kext load request.

mount_msdos: /dev/disk2s1 on /Volumes/use: Operation not supported by device

localhost:/ root#

i will going to reinstall the system, but firstly i wish i could backup some data in the disk.

Thanks very much.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Jan 11, 2017 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2017 7:13 AM

Hello,

I encountered the same problem. Here are the steps I used for a ntfs device.

1- boot in recovery mode (cmd+r). Open a terminal, and type `csrutil disable`. Reboot and go to the single user mode (cmd+s).

2 - Type `fsck –fy` and then `mount –uw /` to have write access. Then `cd /Volumes` and `mkdir usb`.

3 - `cd /dev`, then `ls > /tmp/ls0`. Plug your device, wait 5 seconds. `ls > /tmp/ls1` and `diff /tmp/ls0 /tmp/ls1`. Find your device name in the result of the `diff`. Let's say it is `diskr1s2`. Run `fstyp diskr1s2` to get the type of file system. If it is `ntfs`, `hts` or `msdos`, you are almost done.

4 - `mount -t ntfs -o rw,auto,nobrowse /dev/diskr1s2 /Volumes/usb`

5 - `cd /Volumes/usb` and do whatever you want with your write and read access rights 🙂

6 - Once finished, reboot in recovery mode and type `csrutil enable`.

This is really painful. Good luck.

Alex

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2017 7:13 AM in response to songfengxian

Hello,

I encountered the same problem. Here are the steps I used for a ntfs device.

1- boot in recovery mode (cmd+r). Open a terminal, and type `csrutil disable`. Reboot and go to the single user mode (cmd+s).

2 - Type `fsck –fy` and then `mount –uw /` to have write access. Then `cd /Volumes` and `mkdir usb`.

3 - `cd /dev`, then `ls > /tmp/ls0`. Plug your device, wait 5 seconds. `ls > /tmp/ls1` and `diff /tmp/ls0 /tmp/ls1`. Find your device name in the result of the `diff`. Let's say it is `diskr1s2`. Run `fstyp diskr1s2` to get the type of file system. If it is `ntfs`, `hts` or `msdos`, you are almost done.

4 - `mount -t ntfs -o rw,auto,nobrowse /dev/diskr1s2 /Volumes/usb`

5 - `cd /Volumes/usb` and do whatever you want with your write and read access rights 🙂

6 - Once finished, reboot in recovery mode and type `csrutil enable`.

This is really painful. Good luck.

Alex

Single-user mode mount USB device failed: AppleKextExcludeList.kext has invalid signature; Trust cache is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.