Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant fails due to math error

I've seen posts about this prior to mine - but they're all locked without any answer.

The problem is that all items except my account can be migrated from my old PowerBook 15". My account is erroneously stated to be of a huge size, several million gigs. So even though my new MacBook Pro 17" has a lot more space on the harddisk than the old one, the Migration Assistant refuses to carry out the transfer of my account.

Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 23, 2006 4:50 PM

5 replies

Dec 24, 2006 1:48 AM in response to Cyberdog

Thanks for responding. WhatSize reports that my user folder is 47.1 gigs. This is exactly the same as is shown by Get Info. In fact, there is nothing at all on the disk larger than this, so Migration Assistant showing millions of gigs more for my user account is really weird.

Btw, I have run both Disk Utility and TinkerTool System to verify, repair and fix my old harddisk. I still get the same error.

Migration Assistant fails due to math error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.