Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't turn on Call Forwarding on iPhone 6 EE network

I can't perform the simple task of turning on Call Forwarding on my iPhone 6 on the EE network. This used to work just fine and has become progressively difficult over the last few weeks. The switch does turn on but when you set the destination number it just says "Loading..."

I've tried using *21*[Destination No.]# on the keypad and sending that as an instruction, but that produces an error.

It's pointing to a network problem but EE support is useless. Anyone else been through this?

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 4:14 AM

I've discovered that the only way I can get it to divert is by setting the divert when the phone is not connected to 3G or 4G but GSM network only with at least 3 bars of signal strength. This is not easy to achieve as there's no way of turning off 3G. By chance I turned on wi-fi and wi-fi calling and this stopped the phone connecting to 3G/4G.

Either way, not a very user-friendly way of setting Call Forwarding and I didn't have to jump through these hoops before? Strange.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2017 4:14 AM in response to Adsarooney

I've discovered that the only way I can get it to divert is by setting the divert when the phone is not connected to 3G or 4G but GSM network only with at least 3 bars of signal strength. This is not easy to achieve as there's no way of turning off 3G. By chance I turned on wi-fi and wi-fi calling and this stopped the phone connecting to 3G/4G.

Either way, not a very user-friendly way of setting Call Forwarding and I didn't have to jump through these hoops before? Strange.

Can't turn on Call Forwarding on iPhone 6 EE network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.