Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I messages be seen on phone bills

HI can anyone tell me if you send a I message does it appear in your phone bill ?

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 9:08 AM

No, iMessages don't show on your bill. They are sent as data. You'll see how much data you used over the month. Possibly, your carrier may break out what types of apps it thinks the data came from. But, there will be no detailed information about individual iMessages.

You should be able to get detailed information about your SMS messaages (though not the content).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2017 9:08 AM in response to helenfrompontypridd

No, iMessages don't show on your bill. They are sent as data. You'll see how much data you used over the month. Possibly, your carrier may break out what types of apps it thinks the data came from. But, there will be no detailed information about individual iMessages.

You should be able to get detailed information about your SMS messaages (though not the content).

Can I messages be seen on phone bills

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.