Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my watch is locked up and only displays a red lightning bolt and the time. how do I unlock?

my watch is locked up and only displays a red lightning bolt and the time. how do I unlock?

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 10:07 AM

Hi

Apple Watch displays the time and a red lightning bolt - and cannot be used for any other functions - when it has entered into Power Reserve mode, which happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level.

To restart your watch: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

You may need to charge your watch before it can be restarted.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2017 10:07 AM in response to dnbolam

Hi

Apple Watch displays the time and a red lightning bolt - and cannot be used for any other functions - when it has entered into Power Reserve mode, which happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level.

To restart your watch: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

You may need to charge your watch before it can be restarted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.