Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does support chat work

Hey,

How does the support chat work if you cannot access icloud?

I'm trying to log a repair, have damaged my phone and screen is not working. Tried to log a repair can't whilst find my iPhone is still on, currently using a Samsung pad to write all of this and icloud.com is not supported. Soo now I've attempted to start a chat and realised it says contact details ****. So if I cannot access icloud does the chat work?

Thanks in advance any help much appreciated, I'm terrible with technology haha x

<Email Edited by Host>

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 5:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2017 6:11 PM in response to SarahThorneycroft

If you go here:

https://getsupport.apple.com

Do you see a list of your device(s)? That does not require iCloud sign-in for most functionality. If you wish to book a Genius Bar appointment, etc., Apple ID sign-in is required, but not full iCloud use. Unfortunately, tracking a personalized list of devices does require iCloud and is not available without iCloud.

I do not use iCloud, and just went to above link; I chose my iPad and on the next screen, I chose "touchscreen not working as expected" and I got these options:

User uploaded file

The recommended option is to send it in; however, chat appears to be available as does making a Genius Bar appointment.

How does support chat work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.