Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage activation failure. Keep receiving REG-RESP sms

Hi. I'm using iPhone 4S running ios 9.3.5. I have an issue regarding imessage activation. When I turn on the imessage, the status remains 'waiting for activation' and later I got a message REG-RESP?v=3;r*********. From my research on the website, somebody told that message is for imessage activation purposed. It is weird as my imessage still in 'waiting for activation' status. I've keep being charged for each message received. I had already try reset network setting, reset all setting, airplane mode, even erase all data & content but none is working. Please help 😢

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Jan 14, 2017 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2017 6:42 AM

Greetings hilmicza!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are getting an error when you try to activate iMessages. It sounds like you have tried some great steps so far. Next, check out these steps for issues If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime . Specifically:

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that you've set up your time zone correctly.

User uploaded file

Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

User uploaded file

Still not activated after a day?

It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2017 6:42 AM in response to hilmicza

Greetings hilmicza!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are getting an error when you try to activate iMessages. It sounds like you have tried some great steps so far. Next, check out these steps for issues If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime . Specifically:

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that you've set up your time zone correctly.

User uploaded file

Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

User uploaded file

Still not activated after a day?

It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Aug 13, 2017 1:48 PM in response to raina_b22

All of those things did not work for me and it turned out that my cellular data plan on my new phone had not been fully set up. Once that was solved the Messages and FaceTime apps activated no problem. At no point in any of the troubleshooting did anyone check on this so I thought it would be good to note here in case that is the root of the problem for others too.

Jul 11, 2017 1:49 PM in response to hilmicza

hello i have iPhone SE i get this message (REG-RESP?v=3;r=1874217123;n=+989157152747;s=0259652C6AFFFFFFFF13AA23EB575467F3 0599610A3ED32207FE045CCF) at 00:22 from +447786205094 . next at 00:31 i get this message (REG-RESP?v=3;r=2088000001;n=+989157152747;s=0259652E81FFFFFFFFC74ED9860FA38E0E 56C9B091B669602BB9C8512E) from the same number and again this (REG-RESP?v=3;r=123528574;n=+989157152747;s=02596536BCFFFFFFFF346C3539EC8521689 3337FA1D93F436612748A80) and i get an email from (InternationalBrides@terracycle.net) with subject: A special message for you ScmbKZ and in the email write this( Fed Up With Fake Dating? - Try this. You Will Be Surprised! ) and it has link but i dont open that please help me sooner. Thanks

iMessage activation failure. Keep receiving REG-RESP sms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.