Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Recently Deleted" Album -- What Is This?

I just upgraded to Photos from iPhoto as part of upgrading my OS to Sierra.

I've done nothing but open the program and let it do its thing -- there seemed to be a lot of behind the scenes work.

Now I'm looking at Photos and see an Album called "Recently Deleted" with almost 1,000 photos in it.

I'm told: "Photos and videos show the days remaining before deletion. After that time, items will be permanently deleted." Are these duplicates, old deletes, ...?

Maybe these are old photos I have deleted over the years but I have no recollection of doing so.

I'm running Photos Version 2.0 (3130.0.240)

and OSX Version 2.0 (3130.0.240)

I have 27 days to figure this out :-)

Any thoughts?

Posted on Jan 14, 2017 9:37 AM

5 replies

Jan 14, 2017 9:40 AM in response to jayessemm

Recently deleted is exactly what it says - photos that have been recently deleted - a replacement for the iPhoto Trash - when you delete photos they move to to the recently deleted album when they sit for 30 days or until you delete them from there and then are totally deleted

Anything in the iPhoto trash would be there for 30 days

LN

Jan 14, 2017 9:50 AM in response to jayessemm

If you do not remember having deleted photos recently, the photos in this album may have been deleted previously in iPhoto. iPhoto had a problem with the Trash. If the iPhoto Trash was too full, it could not be emptied at all. If you did not empty the iPhoto Trash in a long time, the photos may have been carried over from iPhoto.

"Recently Deleted" Album -- What Is This?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.