Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change notification email address in Apple ID

How to change a notification email address in Apple ID account?

I'm trying to change my Apple ID with another email address (gmail.com). An error popped up saying that I cannot use an email address same as my "Notification Email Address". So, I changed the "Contactable Email Address". However, I am still not allowed to change the Apple ID with the new email address (i.e. gmail.com). I went back to check the "Contactable Email Address" and confirmed that the secondary address (gmail.com) is no longer existed. Why I still cannot use it as my new Apple ID?

If you know what's wrong, please let me know the proper procedure to solve this problem. Thanks.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 14, 2017 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 9:25 AM

I found the solution:

On the https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage page, scroll down to the security section. Then, click the edit option. When you do, you will see an option for the notification email. You should be able to remove it by clicking the X icon.

5 replies

Jan 16, 2017 9:00 AM in response to ellenogo

Hi ellenogo,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with changing your Apple ID. For more information about the various email addresses that can be associated with an Apple ID, you may find this article helpful:

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

You may also find the information and steps outlined in this article useful:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Regards

Change notification email address in Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.