Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 1st gen recall ended?

i have an ipod nano 1st gen. i cannot find anywhere on the apple website to request a service. i believe previously you could enter your serial number and follow the procedure. can apple clarify the matter or provide a link to do this please

Posted on Jan 15, 2017 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 5:22 PM

Hello Adam,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are looking for the link where you can request service for an iPod. You can start the repair process from this support article: iPod Service Answer Center

That being said, based on the age of the 1st generation iPod nano, it is not likely that it will still be under warranty and based on this list of current programs, it looks like the iPod nano 1st Repair Extension Program is no longer in effect.
Exchange and Repair Extension Programs

Best regards.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2017 5:22 PM in response to Adam786666

Hello Adam,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are looking for the link where you can request service for an iPod. You can start the repair process from this support article: iPod Service Answer Center

That being said, based on the age of the 1st generation iPod nano, it is not likely that it will still be under warranty and based on this list of current programs, it looks like the iPod nano 1st Repair Extension Program is no longer in effect.
Exchange and Repair Extension Programs

Best regards.

ipod nano 1st gen recall ended?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.