Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe to answer not working

I have an iPhone 7 that's only a month old and within the last week it won't allow me to swipe to answer calls/facetime. Any ideas??? I can swipe through texts and internet pages so I know it's nothing with the screen.

Posted on Jan 15, 2017 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 1:21 AM

Hi

Under iOS 10.x, to answer an incoming call:

• Tap Accept.
  • Or, if your iPhone is locked, press the Home button.

Slide to answer applied under prior versions of iOS.

More information:

http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iph3c9947bf

9 replies

Jan 25, 2017 2:39 AM in response to voyager-0

Hi

Restoring your iPhone will not change how iOS works.

As I hoped to explain in my previous reply, dragging the slider to answer a call (when your iPhone is locked) is no longer available under the latest version of iOS. Under iOS 10.x, to answer an incoming call:

• Tap Accept.
  • Or, if your iPhone is locked, press the Home button.

If you preferred using the discontinued feature and would like to send feedback to Apple, you can do so here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Jan 25, 2017 2:25 AM in response to Kcarvotta

It is a big problem that is affecting me too.

Cannot swipe to answer on my iPhone 6s with iOS 10.2.1

The problem is present since the update to iOS 10 and I have had it also using apple smart battery case.

This problem is well documented here:

https://talkingpointz.com/cant-answer-your-iphone-you-arent-alone/

I have restored my iPhone twice with iCloud backup the first time and with iTunes backup the second time in a couple of days.

This is very annoying, also contacted apple support but it was not helpful...

I miss every single call when my iPhone is locked...

This is unacceptable!

Jan 15, 2017 5:36 PM in response to Kcarvotta

Hello Kcarvotta,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities,

First, check to see that you have the latest version of iOS. You can check this by going to Settings > General > About and look under version. This should say 10.2, if not update your iOS and that should fix the problem. If this does not work contact Apple Support at 1-800-MY-APPLE, this should be complimentary if you purchased your iPhone in the last 90 days.

Cheers,

Justin

Oct 4, 2017 12:17 AM in response to Kcarvotta

Hi,

**** sure you would not be the first to ask this question however since the past 5 years or more. I have not found a single diagnosis for this on the web. Isn't this strange?

Let me begin with a brief introduction about myself- I'm a tech enthusiast and an iphone user since its iphone 3. I have experienced this problem for so long I can remember. Tried looking at it at different perspectives. I realised that it is something to do with the software and most likely to do with the fact that apple focuses on its new phones and software's leaving the old to struggle. Initially I thought that my phone would lagging cause of the processor being slow to run the new software or something like that!

Over the years as a user I have understood that the Apple developers are as*****'s!!! It has nothing to do with your phone being outdated or performance being slow because of the processor. It is an intentional software glitch that Apple sends to old iPhone users so that they believe that their phone is getting old and are forced into getting a new one! I discovered this while using iPhone 4. I believe the most stable iOS version for iphone 4 was iOS 6 and was running on it smoothly. Even then I experienced this problem. So trust me this has nothing to do with the hardware of your phone. The only reason I used to be die hard fan of Apple!

But just cause they have turned into this Sales targeted shi*head's!! I have lost all respect for them. Only an apple developer can resolve our problem. I know how (just disable the iphone - apple server communication bridge and the phone will work perfectly) but since I am not a developer I don't how to code my way out of it. I hope this answers all of those who are facing this issue!

Oct 4, 2017 12:21 AM in response to voyager-0

Hi,

Happy to know you found a solution. But the problem you have faced would have been to do with static energy. Well if you notice there are times many device screen kinda operate by themselves. The cover that you mentioned can be a cause to it. Removing the cover to eliminate the issue cause of static touch is definitely the right move. But the issue raised is not pertaining to just static (which may be just a temporary resolution) but more to do with the software glitch.

Swipe to answer not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.