Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable music autoplay on iphone 6S

Hello,

Please tell me how to stop autoplay when Iphone connects to bluetooth hearing device or car hifi !

Autoplay is very dangerous - I got frightened by music app to play automatically when iphone connected to car system and nearly caused an accident.

Same thing with bluetooth hearing device - it should not autoplay - I got my hearing device set to max volume for phone conversation. Music autoplay kick in and music screamed my hear is now a bit painful.

Hoping you will provide a definitive solution - I am sure it is only simple a configuration but I did not find it yet.

thanks for your help

Sebastien

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:47 AM

I followed the steps listed here but can’t seem to find “Apple Music Connect” as an option to disable on the options menu. The only option I see pertaining to the Music app is about “Profiles & Posts” (see photo). Need some help here.User uploaded file

4 replies

Jul 11, 2017 1:58 PM in response to sebvige

Hi,

Maybe this help you:

stop Apple Music from playing when a Bluetooth connection is started. (i.e., just re-start the last iBook or Pandora application that was playing when Bluetooth session ended.

The setting is convoluted. Need to go o Setting - General- Restrictions - & turn off (switch in the left side) Apple Music Connect.

I think it is a little funny that this setting is under Restriction. Sounds like Apple wants Apple Music to be the default audio application.

disable music autoplay on iphone 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.