You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone SE display contact pictures in iMessage like the iPhone 6s and 7?

I remember a couple of weeks ago My iMessage displayed contact photos next to my contact names. Now, it only shows their name even when I add their contact photo. I placed their phone to "iPhone" and still no change. I have a iPhone SE and remember a time where my iMessage was similar to the 6s. Can somebody please help me and tell me why it changed. And if so, how can I change it back?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 9:23 AM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2017 9:29 AM in response to Iakrico12

There have been a couple of discussions about this very same issue recently and according to a couple of knowledgable, high level ASC members, the feature was removed from all phones except the larger screen iPhone 6 and iPhone 7.

However, I was in a discussion with another high level, knowledgeable ASC member and his iPhone 5s still shows the contact photos. My iPhone 5s does not show the contact photos.

Does the iPhone SE display contact pictures in iMessage like the iPhone 6s and 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.