Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can i not see all my iphone photos in the DCIM folder when I plug into the PC

I'm trying to upload photos from my phone to PC but cannot see all the photos in the DCIM folder. I used to be able to as this is how I would always transfer photos. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 11:47 AM

5 replies

Jan 16, 2017 12:00 PM in response to elcpu

Thank you for your reply. However, the photos do not even show up in the DCIM folder. Some are there but not all that I can see on the iphone? There are a lot of Internal Storage icons (I think that's what they are called) but cannot open them. I'm not sure if this is where the rest of the photos are being held?

Jan 16, 2017 12:16 PM in response to megbene

Did you try importing them as per the link's instructions? They may show up even if not seen directly under the DCIM folder. Do you have more than one DCIM or subfolder?

Also do you use iCloud Photo Library and/or do you have the Optimize Photos setting turned on? That would mean that the full resolution images are not on your phone.

Why can i not see all my iphone photos in the DCIM folder when I plug into the PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.