Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation of SkyCaddie on Mac Pro

Does anyone know how to install sky caddie software on Mac Pro?

Posted on Dec 24, 2006 7:20 AM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2007 2:40 AM in response to waynetrain

I installed the SkyCaddie software on my Intel iMac via Bootcamp. I tried to use VirtualPC but the driver (for the skycaddie) is not recognized. According to tech support for SkyCaddie it won't work on Macs with Mac OS. With my new iMac I tried the software with BootCamp and Windows XP and it worked beautifully!

G5, G4, iMac 24" intel, mac mini intel, macbook Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Feb 17, 2007 10:11 AM in response to jymstone

Glad to see your post. I just received a SkyCaddie SG2 and was told by the folks at SkyGolf that their software makes use of the PC BIOS hardware (huh?), and that's why it won't work on an Intel-based Mac running Windows XP.

Can you clarify a bit on how you got this to work? I assume you used Apple's BootCamp software to set up a Windows partition, and installed Windows XP in this partition. I assume you then had to install the Windows version of Internet Explorer (since Sky Golf claims you need IE v6 for compatibility as well). Anything else you can think of to be aware of?

iMac 20" Core 2 Duo Mac OS X (10.4.8)

iMac 20" Core 2 Duo Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Installation of SkyCaddie on Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.