Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive reads Intermitently

I have a week 10 CD MBP and has actually been doing very well for the last 8-9 months or so. Recently, I updated the firmware and a strange new problem starts to occur.

I can read a new CD/DVD when 1st wake the MBP from sleep or boot up, subsequently the mac cannot read any other CDs or DVDs (it just spits them out after a few seconds) . However, after much experimentation I found that if I put the MBP to sleep again it could once again read CDs with no problems.

On my windows partition, there is no problem.

Is this a problem wit the 1.2 Firmware update?? If so anyway, to revert back to 1.1?

Anyone with similar problems please chime in as I wantto see if this is a wide spread problem....

Thanx

MBP, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Dec 24, 2006 7:34 AM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2006 4:52 AM in response to iVmichael

PRAM reset chimed 5 times for good measure but still the same problem.
Did a power reset as well (of battery and power, held power button for 5 secs) also no go.

Symptoms still the same. The drive needs to wake from sleep b4 it can read the CD/DVD.. I feel its a SMC problem....

Any help would be great as this is irritating and I dont want to bring it in to the service centre just yet.

Superdrive reads Intermitently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.