Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am receiving a lot of emails from vzwpix.com

I have received like 30 emails from vzwpix.com why is this happening and how do I block the emails. All the emails have come in within the 3 hours. It's so frustrating.

Posted on Jan 17, 2017 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2017 1:25 PM

Jdefo wrote:

I have received like 30 emails from vzwpix.com why is this happening and how do I block the emails. All the emails have come in within the 3 hours. It's so frustrating.

Why is this an Apple or iPhone issue?

17 replies

Jan 17, 2017 2:17 PM in response to Jdefo

Jdefo wrote:

Yes valid point. But if I was using a third party email account (hotmail) then the filtering of junk mail would be through that service. However, I am using and iCloud email account. This where is the filtering done at the application level (as is the case if your using a Microsoft product like outlook) or somewhere else?

That would be something you would put in context in your original thread, that way we're not going back and worth with replies.

would you go see a doctor or mechanic and only give few details or all of the details.

From doing a google search.

Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud - Apple Support

Jan 17, 2017 1:45 PM in response to Jdefo

Jdefo wrote:

The question is how do you block spam email in mail? The Apple product I am using is an iPhone. This this not be an Apple software question and I would expect someone to know answer.

Again are you using Apple's email account? Like icloud or something else like yahoo or gmail? IF that latter those are Apple email account just because you're using the mail app doesn't mean it as an iPhone or Apple issue.

Jan 17, 2017 2:05 PM in response to razmee209

Yes valid point. But if I was using a third party email account (hotmail) then the filtering of junk mail would be through that service. However, I am using and iCloud email account. This where is the filtering done at the application level (as is the case if your using a Microsoft product like outlook) or somewhere else?

Jul 15, 2017 10:16 AM in response to Jdefo

This is happening to me to! Did you ever get past the bickering and get an answer?

COMPLETE DETAILS:

I'm using an iPhone and iMessage; I can be reached at my phone # and my icloud email address on my phone.

My mother is using an iPhone; I receive an iMessage sent to my icloud email address.

There's an email for every text my mother sent shown as coming From:

"xxxxxxxxxx(mothers phone number)@vzwpix.com" and an attached .txt file labelled "text_0.txt" that contains the context of a single message including any emojis

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Jul 15, 2017 10:23 AM in response to jayden0812

The problem is somewhere in Verizon's system. For some reason, instead of sending as an MMS, messages from your mother's phones are being routed through the system that was set up for sending picture before MMS existed. Have your mother contact Verizon.

I'm not saying this is going to be easy. The first people she'll get on the phone will be customer service. They may or may not figure out how to fix the issue. Your mother will need to remain firm that she needs to speak to tech support. At a guess, they'll need to turn off MMS and turn it back on again.

You might also suggest to your mother that she reset her network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. She will lose any saved WiFi passwords but nothing else. Also, she should make sure she has an active cellular data connection.

Best of luck.

Dec 2, 2017 12:57 PM in response to acm1964

It's not something from Verizon. Some of the messages come with a .txt file attached with little messages like "I like that book too" or "I'm going upstairs now." What worries me is that this is coming to my child's iCloud account. I opened an iCloud account for her because I thought it was safe, but it does not seem so. Also, on the email address of the sender, there are only numbers before the vzwpix.com, and these look like phone numbers with area codes.

i am receiving a lot of emails from vzwpix.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.